These are some questions I receive every now and then. Since I suck pretty bad at replying to comments, I posted this to help out any curious people!
Do you use a drawing tablet?
- Yes, I draw on a Wacom Cintiq 22HD tablet.
What program do you use to draw?
- I use Photoshop CC
When is the next page going to be uploaded?
- Unfortunately, this is a hobby for me! I have a full time job that takes up a lot of my time. I'm simply unable to complete pages within a set time limit. Updates happen when I update!
What is your full time job?
- I'm a lead graphic designer for a company. Its a fun and busy job but unfortunately it sucks a lot of my creative juices out before I get home so I feel drained creatively.
Do you do commissions?
- Yes, on my Patreon page for $30 more info here: www.patreon.com/hootsweets
Did you go to art school?
- Yes! I studied design at a CA state University.
Where/ How did you learn to draw?
- It all comes down to practice for me. I didn't learn anything new about drawing during my 4 years at college. I always had a knack for drawing, it was encouraged by everyone I knew; my parents, teachers, and friends. So I kept drawing practically every day for 10+ years, that adds up to a lot of practice. There's always room to improve. It blows my mind to see how far I've come and how much more I can still improve. The future is going to be awesome!
Do you have a tumblr page?
- I do! hootsweets.tumblr.com and a nsfw blog hootspice.tumblr.com
Can I request a free drawing?
- I take free requests on my tumblr page. So shoot me a note!
Requests are normally in greyscale and are messier/sketchy. Request whatever you like* even fandoms I'm not in!
*I will not do OC drawings though. OC drawings are through commissions only.
May I use one of your Gumlee character designs for a fanfiction/comic/cosplay?
- Please do! I just ask that you credit back to me if its using the design I made. And PLEASE send me a link, I love seeing the finished product!
Can I translate your comic into another language?
- Yes, just please be sure to credit me. Thank you!